Na základě informace společnosti Elseviere Vám představujeme pilotní program „Scopus Author Feedback Wizard“
Stává se, že vědci mají v databázi Scopus několik ID díky různým variantám uvedení jména autora, pobočky a diakritiky. Prostřednictvím programu WIZARD (viz návod níže) lze jednoduše údaje opravit a tak pozitivně ovlivnit prezentování vědeckých pracovníků TUL v databázi Scopus.
Databáze Scopus je využívána hojně i v zahraničí a je také zdrojem pro scientometrické analýzy a tudíž bude určitě přínosné pro vědce TUL, když budou data týkající se jejich vědeckých prací v databázi Scopus uvedena bez zbytečných nepřesností.
Quick User Guide for Author Feedback Wizard
This document is intended to explain the process that the users will follow before their agreement to participate in the pilot program. (Planned implementation: Warp up in Feb-end 2011).
Note: No official user guide will be provided during or after the pilot program as the system itself should be self-explanatory and serve as the instruction in itself.
1. Users log into http://www.scopusfeedback.com/
- On the initial screen, the users will see a couple of fields to enter their full last name, and the first full name or the initial.
- If they want to add their affiliation and name variant information, they can click on the menu at the bottom right to add appropriate fields.
2. When “add affiliation” and/or “Add name variant” menus are selected, additional fields will be added. Multiple fields can be added as needed. They can be deleted by clicking on “X” icon by the field.
3. Let’s use below examples for the initial search.
- Click “Start after entering desired information in each field, then click “Start”.
4. After clicking on “Start” button, the users will see that there are total of 5 steps to complete at the top of each page until s/he completes the feedback process.
Step1: Select profiles
Step2: Select preferred name
Step3: Review documents
Step4: Review profile
Step5: Submit change
5. The users look for their profiles and select the radio button next to them that may contain their articles.
6. After the appropriate selections are made, click on “Next” button at the bottom of the page to go to Step2.
7. Then the top step bar suggests where the user is.
8. Choose the appropriate preferred profile name from the pull-down menu for your unique author profile. Then click “Next” button at the bottom right to go to Step3.
9. In Step 3 it shows the list of all the articles included in the selected author profiles.
- Users will check each one of them and mark accordingly by using the icons () next to the article. Note: As a default, it is marked as , indicating that they are “correct, this article belongs in my profile”.
- Users can view the full information in Scopus by clicking on “View in Scopus”, or just show the abstract on the same screen by clicking on “Show abstract”.
10. Users will click icon to indicate an article if it is incorrect and needs to be removed from their profile.
11. If a user finds that any documents are missing from the list, they can choose “Search for missing documents” at the bottom of the page.
12. A window to search for missing documents will pop up. Enter the keywords to the article title missing.
13. The list of the documents that best matches the search will be shown.
14. Select articles by clicking on the radio buttons appropriately, then click on “Add selected articles” at the bottom of the pop-up window.
15. Then select appropriate articles that were just added, and click on “Next” to go to Step4.
16. In Step4, Review Profile by checking the article list of the users’ choice.
- If there is any mistake, either click on “3. Review Documents” on the indication bar at the top of the page, or click on “back” button at the bottom of the page.
- If this is OK, click on “Next” to go to Step5.
17. In Step5, your last and first name will be provided as default. Changes can be made appropriately.
- Email address needs to be provide as a mandatory section.
- Remarks can be indicated as needed.
- Then click on “Submit”
18. Then “Information Submitted” page will appear.
19. Then the submitter will receive an email confirming the submission that is just made.
Click on the link to verify the submission.
20. Then a window will appear confirming your verification.
21. An email will be sent to the submitter after the submissions are made.
- Author profile changes should be processed within 2 weeks of submission, barring any unusual circumstances.
22. Below is the example of a screenshot showing an email the 2nd line support will receive after a request is submitted. (Customers will not receive this.)
The submitter will be prompted to participate in the survey link.
Please participate to give any feedback.
Toť vše, jak prosté.